GroundTruth is an entry in our Great British Brands 2024 book.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Ground truth: great British brands 2024
GroundTruth evolved over a decade of making hard-hitting documentary films based on investigative journalism and relationship building, capturing stories from some of the world’s most challenging environments. Working as filmmakers, my sisters and I witnessed the plastic pollution crisis firsthand in the most remote places on Earth. With our shared deep drive to drive meaningful change, we founded GROUNDTRUTH in 2017 and set out to tackle one of the world’s most polluting and unethical industries – creating design-led, flexible products that Were created to thrive in the great outdoors. In the boardroom of New York.
My sisters and I share a lifetime of travel experiences that laid the foundation for the design philosophy we created for the modern explorer. Our high performance product line is designed to stand the test of time, and is made from our custom 100 percent recycled textiles, made from GRS certified post-consumer waste.
Using our experience as investigative filmmakers, we have spent over four years building a unique supply chain ecosystem of partners who share our ethos to create ethical and sustainable materials and manufacturing . The human-to-human connection is important, it is embedded in everything we do in our supply chain.
At the core of GroundTruth is the belief that through partnerships and teamwork, we can have a stronger and more positive impact on communities and our planet. Our patent-pending captured CO2 emissions hardware, GT-OCO-CO2®, moves GroundTruth to the forefront of green innovation and opens the door to a new and emerging world of carbon capture.
Our unconventional origins have laid the foundation for a way of doing business that is inherently open, transparent and puts people and the planet at the center of our purpose. GroundTruth hopes to grow the industry from within while creating a long-lasting impact.
Georgia Scott, Co-Founder and CEO
five proud moments
- Field testing of our products in Antarctica in 2019 with renowned polar explorer Robert Swan OBE, who was the first person to walk to both the North and South Poles.
- Launched at London Fashion Week in 2019 within the Positive Fashion exhibition alongside other purpose-based design businesses.
- Our first range, RIKR, won the Dezeen Award for Best Design by public vote in the Wearable Design category, as well as Gold at the Good Design Awards 2020.
- Developing our patent-pending GT-OCO-CO2® hardware, a first-of-its-kind formula where we embed captured CO2 emissions with recycled polypropylene, allowing direct utilization of captured CO2 emissions within final products Let’s display.
- Launching at London’s prestigious department store Harrods in September 2023, it will continue to put groundtruth at the forefront of accessory design.
what have i learned
- Building a start-up business is hard work and it takes resilience, persistence, hard work, and sometimes what feels like madness.
- I have learned to never underestimate the power of instinct. trust your gut.
- I really only have three rules that I follow and ask others; Be kind, be respectful and work hard.
+44 (0)7810 368089
Available on the ground floor goods department at Harrods