Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
WhatsApp is known for being a trustworthy and secure instant messaging app, not just for its recent feature additions, but also for the high level of encryption it applies to your conversations, calls, video calls, backups, multimedia files, and more.
However, despite all this, Cybercriminals always come up with illicit methods to gain control of your WhatsApp account, such as the perilous techniques of “SIM swapping” or SMS text message scams. Want to know what you should do when a hacker tries to breach your account? Below, we provide a series of recommendations.
It is important to note that Hackers require the verification code to register your account on another device. Without this code, they cannot access the information in your personal conversations, group chats, or notes.
- We advise against removing the SIM card from your phone, as you won’t receive the verification code from WhatsApp via SMS or call if you lose it.
- If the hacker has your physical SIM card, simply contact your telephone service provider and quickly deactivate the line.
- Try to obtain a duplicate SIM card with the same number as soon as possible.
- If your account has been stolen but you still have the SIM card, register it to be deactivated on the hacker’s smartphone.
- Do not answer calls from unknown numbers, as you may fall victim to “SIM swapping”.
- Inform your contacts not to respond to messages received from your number.
- Lastly, report and block any user who attempts to scam you through a chat.
- First, ensure that WhatsApp doesn’t have any pending updates.
- Next, press and hold the app icon for a few seconds.
- A menu with several options will appear.
- Tap on the letter “Yo” located in the upper right corner.
- The app information screen will open.
- Scroll down to the “Usage” section.
- Find and tap on the section that says “Install unknown applications“.
- Finally, disable the “Allow from this source” toggle switch.
Did you find this new information about WhatsApp interesting? Did you learn a useful trick? This app is packed with secrets, codes, shortcuts, and new tools for you to explore. If you want to find out more, simply visit the following link for additional notes on WhatsApp in Depor. What are you waiting for?