No winning ticket drawn on Monday means the Powerball jackpot is an estimated $461 million higher than Wednesday’s drawing.
Wednesday night’s winning numbers were drawn just after 11 p.m. ET and we have the results below.
If someone wins Wednesday night and chooses the cash option, they’ll take home $223.5 million.
Here’s a look at the winning figures for September 6.
Powerball Winning Numbers for September 6
The winning numbers for Wednesday night’s drawing were 9, 14, 20, 23, 63, and Powerball 1. Power play was 3X.
Lottery Winner:‘We started celebrating’: 70-year-old woman wins $452,886 in Michigan Lottery fast cash game
did anyone win last night?
to be determined.
What are the odds of winning the Powerball?
It’s understandable that some lottery players are tempted by the massive $461 million jackpot, but it’s important to note that the odds of winning Powerball’s top prize are slim.
- The odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are approximately 1 in 292.2 million.
- The overall odds (at all levels) of winning a Powerball prize are approximately 1 in 24.9 million.
To attend Powerball games, players can purchase tickets for $2 per game. The game requires players to choose five numbers from one to 69 for the white balls and one from one to 26 for the red Powerballs. Alternatively, players can choose to receive random numbers.
To win the Jackpot, it is necessary to match all the numbers on all five white balls and the red Powerball.
In addition to the grand prize, Powerball offers eight other ways to win based on the number of balls matched in non-jackpot levels.
Non-jackpot prizes offered range from $4 to $1 million. By paying an additional $1, you can choose to participate in the “Powerplay” which multiplies non-jackpot winnings by 2, 3, 4, 5, or 10 times.
The 10X Powerplay option applies exclusively to jackpots worth $150 million or less. The game’s “Match 5” prize pool for the second level is limited to a maximum of $2 million if the Powerplay feature is used.
An additional add-on feature called “Double Play”, which gives players another chance to match their numbers after each Powerball drawing, is available in some jurisdictions for $1 per game.
Recent Lotto Winners:Man wins $500,000 in scratch-off game, immediately starts passing out $100 bills
Biggest Lottery Prize in US History
- $2.04 Billion, Powerball, November 7, 2022: Wins in California.
- $1.586 Billion, Powerball, January 13, 2016: Three winners in California, Florida, Tennessee.
- $1.537 Billion, Mega Millions, October 23, 2018: Won in South Carolina.
- $1.348 Billion, won in Mega Millions, January 13, 2023: Maine.
- $1.337 Billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022: Wins in Illinois.
- $1.05 Billion Mega Millions, January 22, 2021: Won in Michigan.
- $1 Billion, Powerball, July 19, 2023: Won in California.
- $768.4 Million, Powerball, March 27, 2019: Won in Wisconsin.
- $758.7 million, Powerball, August 23, 2017: won in Massachusetts.
- $730 Million, Powerball, January 20, 2021: Won in Maryland.
- $699.8 million, Powerball, October 4, 2021: Wins in California.