Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
As a WhatsApp Messenger user who is interested in the latest statuses published by your contacts, it’s possible to view them without being detected if the read receipt is turned off. However, this setting does not apply to previously viewed statuses if the read confirmation is active.
Switching off the read receipt won’t hide a status that has already been posted. This configuration only takes effect on subsequent statuses after deactivating the blue check.
There’s a simple trick to view these statuses in thumbnail without being detected, applicable to text and image posts only, without the need for third-party applications.
- Start by opening WhatsApp and tapping on the “Status” tab.
- You’ll see all the statuses in a new carousel format, displaying profile photos and green borders.
- To access the status thumbnails, go to WhatsApp Web.
- Link your account using the traditional QR code scanning method.
- Select the “Status” icon.
- You’ll now see thumbnails of the latest statuses published by your contacts.
- Note that this method only works for text and image posts, not videos or GIFs.
- Begin by accessing your smartphone’s internal files or using a file manager app.
- We recommend using the “Files” app from Google, which can be downloaded here.
- In the app, navigate to Storage and then select Android.
- Proceed to Media, Com.WhatsApp, WhatsApp, and then Media.
- Find and select the Status folder.
- Inside the folder, you’ll find all the statuses viewed within the last 24 hours.
- Copy the desired status and paste it into a different folder, such as Downloads.
- To view the Status folder, make sure to enable the display of hidden files in the app’s Settings. Simply tap the three lines at the top and activate “Show hidden files”.
Have you found this new information about WhatsApp useful? There are many hidden features and tools within this application waiting to be explored. For more insights on WhatsApp, visit the following link on Depor. Discover the secrets, codes, shortcuts, and new tools available. What are you waiting for?