Many people worldwide use WhatsApp Messenger, an instant communication platform where they exchange numerous messages and multimedia files daily. So, on occasion, it can be difficult to find a specific text shared a while back in your personal or group conversations.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Currently, there are two ways to search for specific messages in chats: first, manually scrolling, which is undeniably the most time-consuming approach and is the least recommended; second, via the “search bar” or the “magnifying glass” tool, where you have to enter the keyword that will take you directly to the content you want to retrieve.
Locating images, videos, documents, and links is relatively easier. In WhatsApp Web, the situation becomes even more challenging because scrolling with the mouse is more difficult. However, a new tool, called “search messages by date,” has recently been integrated. This tool can be helpful when you remember the exact day but not the specific keyword that will lead you to the message; it will also be useful for finding voice notes.
- Essentially, it is important to clarify that this feature is currently exclusively available in the beta version of WhatsApp Web.
- To enable the trial program, simply access your WhatsApp account in the conventional way (by scanning the QR code).
- Then, click on the three dots icon (top right) > select “Settings”.
- Scroll down and choose “Help.”
- Check the box labeled “Join the beta” and refresh the page (F5).
- Access any conversation > click the magnifying glass at the top then choose “Calendar”.
- Finally, select an old date to view all the messages and files you sent or received on that particular day.
Preview of the search messages feature in WhatsApp Web. (Photo: WabetaInfo)
- Storage: If a contact or group frequently shares memes in images or videos, you must enable temporary messages to prevent the viewed files from continuing to reside in your smartphone’s internal memory.
- Privacy: Do they inspect your phone? This tool ensures that no message or evidence is left in the chat, leaving it entirely empty after the configured time period.
- Discard redundant photos or videos: Sometimes, repeated screenshots, photos, or videos are shared, consuming your phone’s storage. Delete them promptly.
- Individual: Applicable to individual, group, or all chats.
Did you find this new information about WhatsApp intriguing? Did you uncover a useful strategy? This application is full of ‘secrets’, codes, shortcuts, and new tools that you can continue to explore. Access the following link for further insights into WhatsApp in Depor. Get started now!